Vienna (AU) presented a sustainable urban logistics plan (SULP). The Vienna-Lower Austria area will continue to grow and with it the volume of traffic. At the same time, logistics is changing profoundly, for example through technological developments. The Action Plan is the result of a multi-stage process involving more than 300 stakeholders. Logistik2030 developed 35 measures that work together.
Elements of the SULP are:
- Plan and secure the city logistics space in advance.
- Goods consolidation with the help of new business models with Freight Village, hubs, and consolidation.
- Efficient solutions for parcel delivery.
- Sustainable logistics concepts for companies doing large construction works.
- Incentives for accelerated (zero-emission) fleet changes including cargo bikes.
- Digital information and services to increase efficiency and use of public space.
- Regulations for city logistics.
- Actively communicate services and costs of logistics.
Source (in German only): Logistik2030