London presented a call for evidence on the opportunities available to deliver goods more sustainably. This call for evidence will allow the City of London to improve their understanding of the scale of opportunity as well as some of the current barriers to delivering goods more sustainably.
The call for evidence will explore:
- how electrically powered e-vans, micro vehicles and e-cargo bikes can provide better service to customers for cargo in comparison to light commercial vehicles
- the scale of the potential environmental and other benefits
- the barriers to sustainable last mile delivery
- what incentives might be appropriate to encourage a large-scale shift to clean, last-mile delivery options
- measures to improve logistical efficiency (eg urban consolidation centres / hubs)
The call for evidence builds on the government’s Road to Zero Strategy which forms an important part of government’s work on the Future of Mobility Grand Challenge. This is considering how emerging technologies and services can be used to address a range of transport challenges.
This consultation closes at:
For more details, click here.